Embark in Lyon. Exact times to be advised upon confirmation.
Day 1: Lyon
Board the A-Rosa Stella in Lyon and take some time to settle in to your cabin. Depart Lyon in the evening and then enjoy your first gourmet dinner on board.
Day 2: Viviers
At breakfast time this morning, the ship arrives into Viviers, in the Southern Ardèche. Here you can join an optional excursion which takes you through one of the most beautiful landscapes in Southern France. Your tour will include a visit to one of the numerous caves in the area, such as the Grottes des Madeleines, which has no less than 25 subterranean halls, or the Grotte Chauvet, home to the oldest cave paintings in the world. You will also enjoy a visit to one of the Ardèche's lavender producers to learn about the different types of lavender and their uses. During the course of the evening, the A-Rosa Stella continues southwards to the city of Avignon.
Day 3: Avignon
Today you can take an optional walking tour of the city of Avignon. Visit the Palais des Papes, see the Church of St Agricol and walk up to the viewpoint at Rocher des Domes where you will appreciate some fantastic views of the river valley and the famous 'Pont d'Avignon'. The ship will remain in Avignon until late in the evening.
Day 4: Arles
You will arrive into the city of Arles in the early morning and after breakfast, you can choose to join an optional excursion into the heart of the Camargue, one of the last remaining coastal areas on the Mediterranean which has not been developed into large holiday resorts. This region is known for its white horses, flamingos and wonderful beaches. Your tour includes a visit the lovely village of Saintes Maries de la Mer with its Gypsy Church. The ship will remain in Arles overnight.
Day 5: Port St. Louis
At around lunchtime today, the A-Rosa Stella arrives at the southernmost point in the cruise, Port St. Louis, the port annex to Marseille and the mouth of the River Rhône. This is your base for exploring the France's Mediterranean coast - why not take a cycle along the beach and enjoy the feeling of the salty breeze in your hair or visit the Flor de Sal Saltworks? In the early evening, the A-Rosa Stella makes an about-turn and commences her journey back northwards.
Day 6: Tournon/Tain l'Hermitage
This afternoon the ship arrives at Tournon and its twin town of Tain l'Hermitage. Located on either side of the Rhone and connected by a pedestrian bridge, La Passerelle Seguin, both towns have a wealth of attractions. From the medieval castle in Tournon to the epicurian delights of Valrhona chocolate and Hermitage and Crozes Hermitages wines in Tain L'Hermitage, this stop has something for travellers of every taste.
Day 7: Lyon
This morning your cruise arrives back in Lyon, a stunning city located at the confluence of the Rhône and Saône and you will have the whole day to explore. Here you can choose to join an optional tour of the city by coach, taking in the old town, the so-called Vieux Lyon, which was declared a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO, the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière and an old silk printing shop. Tonight enjoy a final gourmet dinner on the ship to mark the end of your cruise.
Day 8: Lyon
Your cruise comes to an end this morning as you disembark in Lyon for your onward journey.
Disembark in Lyon after breakfast on the final day.
- 7 Nights' accommodation on board the A-Rosa Stella
- Full board during the cruise
- Gastronomic specialties in the evening with various themes (served 3-course-menu)
- Bottle of water (1 bottle 0,5 l per guest and day)
- Beverage package SELECT-Premium
- Harbour fees
- Free use of spa and fitness area and 30% discount on treatments
- Comprehensive entertainment programme
- Free onboard WiFi
- Sight-seeing tours can be booked online in advance
- Half day sight-seeing tour (in German) of own choice included
- Cabin greeting and farewell present
- Bathroom products and bath robe in cabin
- International transportation and domestic travel to and from Lyon
- Transfers to and from the ship
- Optional excursions (these tours will be offered in German and English and the cost of the tour is dependent on the number of participants booking the tour in any given language)
- Visas (where required)
- Personal travel and medical insurance