Embark in Lyon. Exact times to be advised upon confirmation.
Day 1: Lyon
Board the A-Rosa Stella in Lyon where you will be welcomed by the crew. In the evening, the ship will take a leisurely cruise through Lyon's Old Town as you enjoy your first gourmet dinner on board.
Day 2: Viviers
At lunchtime the ship arrives into Viviers in the Southern Ardèche. The beautiful village is a relaxing place to spend the afternoon. From here you may join a number of optional excursions including a bike tour, kayak adventure or an optional excursion to Grignon Renaissance Castle and the Southern Ardeche region.
Day 3: Arles - Avignon
Arrive into Arles in the early hours and spend the morning exploring the city that inspired no less than 187 of Vincent van Gogh's paintings. Alternatively, there is an optional bike tour which takes you into the heart of the Camargue, an area known for its white horses, flamingos and wonderful beaches. In the afternoon, the cruise continues to Avignon.
Day 4: Avignon
Spend the morning in the historic city of Avignon, where you can take an optional walking tour. Visit the Palais des Papes, see the Church of St Agricol and walk up to the viewpoint at Rocher des Domes where you will appreciate some fantastic views of the river valley and the famous 'Pont d'Avignon'.
Day 5: Vienne - Lyon
Leaving Avignon behind, the Arosa Stella sails north on the Rhône, arriving back into Lyon at lunchtime. Here, you can join an optional city tour which will take you to the old town, or Vieux Lyon, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will also visit an old silk printing shop to learn about the French silk industry which made Lyon the city it is today. Return to the ship for your final dinner on board.
Day 6: Lyon
Your cruise comes to an end this morning as you disembark in Lyon for your onward journey.
Disembark in Lyon after breakfast on the last day.
- 5 Nights' accommodation on board the A-Rosa Stella
- Full board during the cruise
- Gastronomic specialties in the evening with various themes (served 4-course-menu)
- High quality drinks included all day long
- Harbour fees
- Bottle of water (1 bottle 0,5 l per guest and day)
- Comprehensive entertainment programme
- Free onboard WiFi
- Half day sight-seeing tour (in German) of own choice included
- Bathroom products and bath robe in cabin
- 15% discount on SPA treatments
- International transportation and domestic travel to and from Lyon
- Transfers to and from the ship
- Optional excursions (these tours will be offered in German and English and the cost of the tour is dependent on the number of participants booking the tour in any given language)
- Visas (where required)
- Personal travel and medical insurance