Embark in Lyon. Exact times to be advised upon confirmation.
Day 1: Lyon
Board the A-Rosa Stella in Lyon and take some time to settle in to your cabin. Depart Lyon in the evening and then enjoy your first gourmet dinner on board.
Day 2: Viviers
At breakfast time this morning, the ship arrives into Viviers, in the Southern Ardèche. The beautiful village is a relaxing place to spend the afternoon. From here you may join a number of optional excursions including a bike tour, kayak adventure or an optional excursion to Grignon Renaissance Castle and the Southern Ardeche region. During the course of the evening, the A-Rosa Stella continues southwards to the city of Avignon.
Day 3: Avignon
Today you can take an optional walking tour of the city of Avignon. Visit the Palais des Papes, see the Church of St Agricol and walk up to the viewpoint at Rocher des Domes where you will appreciate some fantastic views of the river valley and the famous 'Pont d'Avignon'. The ship will remain in Avignon until late in the evening.
Day 4: Arles
Arrive into Arles in the early hours and spend the morning exploring the city that inspired no less than 187 of Vincent van Gogh's paintings. Alternatively, there is an optional bike tour which takes you into the heart of the Camargue, an area known for its white horses, flamingos and wonderful beaches. In the afternoon, the cruise continues to Avignon.
Day 5: Port St. Louis
At around lunchtime today, the A-Rosa Stella arrives at the southernmost point in the cruise, Port St. Louis, the port annex to Marseille and the mouth of the River Rhône. This is your base for exploring the France's Mediterranean coast - why not take a cycle along the beach and enjoy the feeling of the salty breeze in your hair or visit the Flor de Sal Saltworks? In the early evening, the A-Rosa Stella makes an about-turn and commences her journey back northwards.
Day 6: Tournon/Tain l'Hermitage
This afternoon the ship arrives at Tournon and its twin town of Tain l'Hermitage. Located on either side of the Rhone and connected by a pedestrian bridge, La Passerelle Seguin, both towns have a wealth of attractions. From the medieval castle in Tournon to the epicurian delights of Valrhona chocolate and Hermitage and Crozes Hermitages wines in Tain L'Hermitage, this stop has something for travellers of every taste.
Day 7: Lyon
This morning your cruise arrives back in Lyon, a stunning city located at the confluence of the Rhône and Saône and you will have the whole day to explore. Here, you can join an optional city tour which will take you to the old town, or Vieux Lyon, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will also visit an old silk printing shop to learn about the French silk industry which made Lyon the city it is today. Return to the ship for your final dinner on board.
Day 8: Lyon
Your cruise comes to an end this morning as you disembark in Lyon for your onward journey.
Disembark in Lyon after breakfast on the final day.
- 7 Nights' accommodation on board the A-Rosa Stella
- Full board during the cruise
- Gastronomic specialties in the evening with various themes (served 3-course-menu)
- Open Bar - choose from full bar menu including wines, fine regional wines and spirits, cocktails plus all sodas, coffee, tea, juices and bottled water
- Harbour fees
- Free use of spa and fitness area
- Comprehensive entertainment programme
- Free onboard WiFi
- One complimentary walking tour
- Shipboard credit of EUR200pp to pay for optional shore excursions
- Bathroom products and bath robe in cabin
- Pre-paid Gratuities for your room attendant, waiter, assistant waiter and bar staff
- International transportation and domestic travel to and from Lyon
- Transfers to and from the ship
- Optional excursions (these tours will be offered in German and English and the cost of the tour is dependent on the number of participants booking the tour in any given language)
- Visas (where required)
- Personal travel and medical insurance