You will embark the ship in Reykjavik.
Day 1: Reykjavik - Hafnarfjordur
Today you will arrive onboard and have time to explore your new surroundings and the beautiful facilities on offer to you. Later once you set sail, join fellow passengers and crew for a fun evening of entertainment, dinner and drinks.
Day 2: Reykjavik - Hafnarfjordur
Discover Iceland’s most beautiful city, which was founded by the Vikings in 874 and still retains its natural wonders, as uncovered by the Vikings when they first landed here. Fields of lava and the famous Blue Lagoon, which is an enormous natural swimming pool, are just minutes away from the city and well worth a visit if you have time.
Day 3: Heimaey
Forming part of the Vestmann Islands, Heimaey is the only island in the chain to be inhabited. The sea has shaped these islands into natural works of art. You will be spoilt for choice in terms of scenery, as you take in the cliffs, caves, reefs and shores. You will discover an abundance of wildlife, as seals and killer whales are found in large numbers here. If you are lucky you may even spot puffins, diving into the water.
Day 4: Grundarfjordur
Arrive in Grundarfjordur, a natural port at the end of a fjord. Here you will find several extinct volcanoes, which have long played their part in building the landscape. The actual village you will be stopping in is presided over by the 1440 metre Snaefellsjokull volcano. Book lovers may recognise the volcano from Jules Verne’s “Voyage to the Centre of the Earth”. There will be an optional half-day excursion to the Snaefellsnes Peninsula.
Day 5: Grimsey island
On day five you will arrive into Grimsey island, located 40 kilometres north of mainland Iceland. Formed from Volcanic rock this site is the home to fabulous wildlife, with many bird colonies having chosen to nest along the jagged cliffs. Here you can observe the ‘‘clowns of the sea’’, better known as the Atlantic Puffins.
Day 6: Akureyri
On day six you will arrive into Akureyri, Shaped by a warm climate, the temperate city of Akureyri is home to one of Iceland’s only ice-free harbours and the world’s northernmost botanical gardens. You will be charmed by the bright colours of the houses of Akureyri, which contrast magically underneath a midnight sun.
Day 7: Isafjordur
You arrive into Isafjordur on day seven. The fjords of Isafjordur are set amidst a backdrop of valleys, cliffs and mountains, creating an incredibly beautiful environment. The tiny village of Isafjordur contrasts dramatically with the mountains at the other end of the fjord
Day 8: Reykjavik
Today you will disembark the cruise after breakfast.
You will disembark the ship in Reykjavik.
- 7 Night’s accommodation onboard
- All meals while on board the ship (from dinner on the day of embarkation to breakfast on the day of disembarkation)
- Captain’s welcome cocktail and gala dinner
- Mineral water, tea, filter coffee, a selection of white, red and rosé wines offered during meals; afternoon tea
- Evening entertainment and events
- Luggage transfer from pier to the ship and vice versa
- Room service 24h (special selection)
- English speaking lecturer on selected sailings identified by “lecturer on board” logo
- Highly experienced bilingual (French-English) Expedition team for all programs identified with “Expedition” logo.
- Port taxes, fuel surcharge and gratuities
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- Port and safety taxes
- Any ground services
- Optional Open bar package- to be booked exclusively prior departure
- Optional Spa package - to be booked prior your departure
- Optional shore excursions
- Beverages other than the ones mentioned
- Laundry services, hair salon and à la carte Spa treatments
- Personal expenses, on board medical consultations and drug prescriptions
- Cancellation/luggage/assistance/repatriation/medical insurance(s)
- Visa, disembarkation taxes, environmental taxes and/or national park fees if applicable