Embark in Amsterdam. Exact times to be advised upon confirmation.
Day 1: Amsterdam
Join the legendary Royal Crown in Amsterdam this afternoon. Settle into your cabin and explore the onboard amenities at your leisure, before joining your fellow guests for a welcome cocktail, followed by your first dinner on board this evening.
Day 2: Cologne
Spend the morning cruising at a leisurely pace along the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal and into the Rhine itself. In the afternoon, the Royal Crown arrives at Cologne where you can explore at your leisure or join an optional sightseeing tour taking in the imposing gothic Cathedral and the quaint Old Town.
Day 3: Koblenz
Your cruise continues south along the Rhine to Koblenz, a picturesque town at the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle rivers. Here you can choose to join a optional tour which introduces you to the town's abundance of cultural monuments and historic buildings and includes a visit to the fortress of Ehrenbreitstein.
Day 4: Rüdesheim
As the ship makes her way towards Rüdesheim today, you will pass through the Rhine Gorge, home to some of the river's most impressive scenery. Hilltop castles and rolling vineyards line the route and the Royal Crown navigates past the imposing Loreley Rock, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. At lunchtime, the cruise arrives at Rüdesheim, where you can join an optional tour to Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum or explore the town's famous Drosselgasse at your leisure.
Day 5: Speyer
Continue on a southerly course through Germany as the ship navigates towards Speyer. From Speyer you can join an optional guided walking tour of one of Germany's oldest cities, dominated by its Romanesque cathedral and attractive old quarter. In the evening, enjoy dinner on board as the Royal Crown heads towards the French border.
Day 6: Strasbourg
Today will be spent in the fascinating city of Strasbourg, rich in both French and German influences. Here you can choose to join a guided sightseeing tour, taking in the city's quaint streets, half-timbered houses and the Cathedral of Notre Dame which soars above the city centre.
Day 7: Basel
Today the Royal Crown crosses into Switzerland and docks in Basel, where Switzerland, Germany and France meet. Here you can choose to spend the day exploring the city independently or join an optional guided coach tour. Back on board the ship tonight, mark your final night with a festive Farewell Dinner.
Day 8: Basel
Your Rhine cruise comes to an end this morning as you disembark in Basel after breakfast.
Disembark in Basel after breakfast on the final day.
- 7 Nights' accommodation on board the Royal Crown
- Welcome and farewell cocktails
- All meals on board - early bird breakfast, buffet breakfast with live cooking station, buffet or four course lunch, afternoon tea and a four course dinner
- Coffee and tea with all meals and self-service tea and coffee station available from 6am until dinner
- Wine included with lunch and dinner
- Performances by an onboard musician
- Port taxes and tourist taxes
- International flights and transfers
- Optional excursions (available subject to a minimum number of participants)
- Passport and visa requirements
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance and medical expenses
- Onboard purchases
- Beverages other than those already mentioned (Please note drinks packages are available for the duration of your cruise - please call for more information).